Zoo Interchange Project Information
The Zoo Interchange project touches the cities of Milwaukee, Wauwatosa and West Allis and will cover about nine miles of freeway corridor leading to and through the actual interchange. We will post updates and other resources from the Department of Transportation to this page to assist you during the construction.
Call 1-800-ZOO-0003 24/7 for up-to-date information on getting to Froedtert Hospital.
Weekly Traffic Restrictions by Route
Milwaukee Regional Medical Center remains accessible from all directions the week of May 13.
From the North: No restrictions in effect.
From the South:
- Greenfield Avenue (eastbound/westbound) traffic will switch to the westbound side of the roadway.
- The above traffic switch will cause the I894/45 southbound exit ramp to Greenfield Avenue to close until mid-July.
- Early next week, single- and double-lane closures will occur overnight on both northbound and southbound I894/45 at Greenfield Avenue for temporary barrier wall work.
- Landscaping work will continue both eastbound and westbound on Greenfield Avenue between 124th Street and 109th Street.
From the East: Turning and parking lanes will be closed during the day in all directions at the intersection of Glenview Avenue and Bluemound Road (with intermittent, single-lane closures) for temporary signal installation. Flaggers will be present.
From the West: On Saturday, May 18, Wisconsin Avenue, just east of Highway 100 intersection, will be closed eastbound and westbound during the day for a storm sewer crossing.
HWY 100 traffic will continue to allow north/south movement.
Watertown Plank Road
The DOT is currently coordinating with more than a dozen different utilities that require access to Watertown Plank Road to move or remove utility lines. The DOT is working jointly with them to minimize disruption of traffic on Watertown Plank Road. No utility work has been scheduled as of yet, but it is anticipated to start this month.
The DOT continues to monitor Research Park entry and exit traffic and is adjusting traffic signals to improve traffic flow.
The traffic pattern on Highway 100 is scheduled to switch to the west side of the roadway in mid-May.
A Look Ahead
- June 23 – Aug. 6: Glenview Avenue between Wisconsin Avenue and Bluemound Road fully closed
- July 20 – July 31: Full closure of the intersection of Highway 100 and Bluemound Road
- August 1 – 10: Full closure of Highway 100 and Watertown Plank Road
- Aug. 6 – 24: Glenview Avenue and Wisconsin Avenue intersection fully closed
Read the latest traffic report
WI-Department of Transportation Links
Map of Zoo Interchange Project including real-time traveler information and construction schedule information.
Make sure you arrive on time by checking the current travel times on construction areas.
View the latest highway closures including expected start and end times and detour information.