Financial Assistance Program
We understand there are times where patients are not able to afford their hospital bills. The Froedtert Health Financial Assistance Program is designed to assist patients in this manner.
Patients who qualify for the program will receive care with no obligation or discounted obligation to pay for services. A simple application must be completed in order to apply for the Financial Assistance Program.
Froedtert Health determines eligibility based on income, assets, and family size. The initial eligibility period for Financial Assistance is six months from the application date. Each patient will need to re-apply at the end of each six month period in order to continue in the Financial Assistance Program. A new completed application is required to re-apply.
Financial Assistance may be provided to qualified patients who:
- Have or will receive medically necessary services at Froedtert Health
- Have cooperated with the respective hospital in seeking out and applying for other potentially available financial assistance programs.
- Have exhausted any and all insurance and other available financial assistance programs such as Medicaid or BadgerCare.
- Lack the financial resources to pay for services rendered at a Froedtert Health entity.
Patients who have insurance or other third party sources of payment for their health care may still qualify for financial assistance for the portion of the hospital bill that may be their own personal obligation to pay. Examples are deductibles and co-payments.
Services not covered by the Financial Assistance program include but are not limited to the following list:
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Services provided as part of a clinical trail
- Corporate Wellness services
- Massage Therapy services
- Personal Trainer services
- Reproductive Medicine
- Non Medically necessary services
- Transplant Services
- Driving evaluations
- Self pay drug screening programs
- Self pay speech services
- Alternative medicine services
Please be aware professional fees billed by physicians, radiologists, anesthesiologists or other providers are not included within this Financial Assistance Program. Patients requesting Financial Assistance on these bills will be directed to the provider’s billing office.
Financial Assistance Application
Download the financial assistance application:
Download Application Descargar la Aplicación
Please ask a financial counselor or call customer service for more information:
Froedtert Hospital: 800-803-8155
Community Memorial Hospital: 866-223-6836
St. Joseph’s Hospital: 800-466-9670