Physicians and Staff: Your Cancer Care Team
The best possible cancer care requires close collaboration. At Community Memorial Hospital’s Cancer Care Center, part of the Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Network, our experienced team of cancer specialists works hand-in-hand with you, your surgeon, primary care and other doctors through every step of treatment, recovery and follow-up care. Combining cancer specialists with state-of-the-art therapies has put us on the forefront of comprehensive cancer care services.
Determining a Cancer Care Plan
Medical College of Wisconsin cancer specialists provide services at Community Memorial's Cancer Care Center. These specialists collaborate with other team members at Community Memorial (including community surgeons and other doctors) and at Froedtert & The Medical College in regular team meetings, called tumor boards. These team meetings include physicians who focus on specific types of cancer - so each patient receives not just the expertise of one physician, but a whole team. Radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, surgeons, radiologists, pathologists and others examine individual cases and provide input on the best way to treat each patient. Together, they decide on a plan that will offer the most optimal outcome.
Your cancer team will also coordinate care with dietitians, psycho-oncology specialists, genetic counselors, as well as staff from Social Services, Nutrition Services, Physical Therapy and Horizon Home Care and Hospice, Inc. Together, these team members support patients and their families through the physical, emotional and economic phases of recovery. A wide range of services is available.
Please visit the links below to learn more about Medical College of Wisconsin physicians at Community Memorial Hospital's Cancer Care Center.
- Joseph Bovi, MD, Medical College of Wisconsin Radiation Oncologist
- Jennifer Connelly, MD, Medical College of Wisconsin Neuro-Oncologist
- Ben George, MD, Medical College of Wisconsin Medical Oncologist
- Kenneth Jacobsohn, MD, Medical College of Wisconsin Urologic Oncologist
- David Johnstone, MD, Medical College of Wisconsin Thoracic Surgeon
- Colleen Lawton, MD, Medical College of Wisconsin Radiation Oncologist
- Janet Rader, MD, Medical College of Wisconsin Gynecologic Oncologist
- Faisal Saghir, MD, Medical College of Wisconsin Medical Oncologist
- Christopher Schultz, MD, Medical College of Wisconsin Radiation Oncologist
- Miraj Shah-Khan, MD, Medical College of Wisconsin Breast Surgeon
- William See, MD, Medical College of Wisconsin Urologic Oncologist
- Denise Uyar, MD, Medical College of Wisconsin Gynecologic Oncologist
New Patient Coordinator
The new patient coordinator works with patients to gather medical records and arrange appointments and tests. He or she makes sure the patient is connected with the right physician at the right time and ensures the patient has all the tests, images and information needed. The coordinator also explains what will happen at each appointment.
Nurses Specializing in Cancer Care
Our oncology nurses are experienced with treating patients in inpatient and outpatient settings, as well as in administering various types of cancer treatments. They are certified through the Oncology Nursing Society.
Radiation therapists work closely with our oncologists to plan and administer radiation treatments. They will help you understand radiation therapy, listen to your concerns and relay your questions to your doctor or nurse. Our radiation therapists are members of the Radiation Therapists of Wisconsin, the American Society of Radiologic Technologists and the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
The Cancer Care Center also offers an array of support resources for people receiving cancer treatment. Learn more about the specialized staff who provide support for patients during and after cancer treatment.